Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Performance Art 11/28

Within the class examples and the other performances shown in class, everyone's goal seemed to be to get a big reaction. This reaction usually was shocked or surprised. So, for my piece I tried to go a different direction. I wanted to get the opposite reaction everyone else seemed to be going for, which is the reaction of instant rejection or just ignoring. I dressed up and acted like I was a person taking surveys, and went to the mall to ask questions. Every single person that passed me turned me down or just straight ignored me. I kind of thought at least one person would have stopped to take my fake survey, but I guess no one was interested! Even the people standing at the directory told me they didn't have time. I am seen in the top right corner in the blue shirt and tie holding a notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment